![]() |
| Photo by Munch Pierre, http://www.stockvault.net |
Because, in many ways, my years in Provo have been living in a cocoon. Developing and growing into my final adult form, safe in the snug little "Provo bubble" where (practically) everyone shares my beliefs and values. I have loved it here. But it's time to grow up and leave. (Well, leave BYU at least. The jury is still out on whether or not I'll leave Provo.)
That's scary. BYU is all I've known for 6 years. That's a huge chunk of my life. Before that, I was a student too. Joining the workforce and becoming a real, full time employed adult is going to be a huge change. It's kind of intimidating.
But... it will be worth it. No butterfly wants to go back to being a caterpillar once its experienced the joys of flying. Leaving the cocoon may be daunting, and it's not the funnest task... but once I get through it, I'll be on to bigger and better things than I can imagine.
I just need to keep trekking, and things will work out.

No comments:
Post a Comment