Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hired!!!



Yesterday I was hired for my first official post-grad job! I will be working as a researcher/writer for Healthy Relationships California. HRC is "a non-profit organization that provides skills-based Relationship Education programs; conducts Relationship Education facilitator trainings; and creates innovative public awareness campaigns and marketing materials to increase the general public’s consciousness about Relationship Education." HRC is one of the biggest relationship education companies in the nation (if not the biggest!). I will be assisting with research studies (mainly program evaluation-figuring out which programs work the best and for who), as well as doing some writing for them (research briefs, blog posts, and press releases, I think). Initially I am hired on a temporary part-time basis, but if they like me they will keep me on (and Patty Howell, the vice president/soon to be president, says she thinks they will probably keep me. :)

I am very happy! I don't think I could have designed a better job for myself. I get to do my two favorite things (writing and research) on my favorite topic (marriage and relationship education). :)

3 comments:

  1. woot! Do you have to move? or can you do everything online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls! I'm not sure yet if I'll have to move. I guess right now the answer is "Not yet," but I might end up moving in the future.

    ReplyDelete