Thursday, October 4, 2012

Provo

Tonight I went on a long walk around Provo. It's beautiful here. The days are still warm, but the nights are starting to get that autumn crispness to them... Just a touch of it. It's still safe to go out without a jacket.

I remember when I first came to Provo, I had a hard time. I was the first kid to leave home. I didn't know anyone here. It took years for Provo to start to feel like home.

But now it does. I claim this place. It will always be a part of me. I'm grateful I haven't had to leave it just yet. Walking around BYU campus brings back so many good memories!

It's been great having both Shauna and Jason here. Shauna and I still live together. Jason is off in the dorms, but we meet up once a week for sibling lunches. We got football tickets together too, so we see him at games. I can't believe how grown up that kid is getting! Before I know it, he'll be off on his mission. I'm going to miss him like crazy!

There are times when I wish I could freeze everything as it is, and we could all stay this way forever! But then I think about what adventures lie ahead for all of us and I know we have to keep going.

It'll be interesting to see where we all end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment