Friday, June 14, 2013

My own version of Ironman 3

Last night I had a dream about Ironman, of all things. My own version of Ironman 3.

Somehow in the Avengers movie, he'd developed the ability to time travel. It was really hard to do and took a lot of energy. I assume also that he'd age faster if he kept time traveling. He didn't like to do it.

But, he felt like he had to, to save lives. He was working with a military team assigned to him. He sent them in to explore an alien spacecraft, which he had scanned and was pretty sure was safe. It wasn't safe. It blew up and killed all 4 soldiers.

He felt awful. He hated to time travel... He felt like he couldn't keep going back in time over and over again, at some point he had to just live his life... but how could he not go back and save them? It was his fault they had died--he'd sent them on to that ship.

So, he goes back and saves them. But he's feeling depressed and overwhelmed with his responsibilities. (Side note: There was no Pepper in this dream... She'd been replaced with an attractive young redhead soldier, who Ironman insisted on calling "Popcorn". "That's not my name!")

His mom comes to visit. She was alive in this dream, and some kind of weird supernatural or alien being. Anyway, they get to talking about his dad... and all of a sudden, Tony hatches a plan to go back in time and prevent himself from being born so he can stop stressing about time traveling all the time.

And... that's when I woke up. It's amazing the kind of stories our brains can cook up while we sleep, yeah?

I think part of why I dreamed this is last night I was going through GoodReads trying to find something new to read, and I read some reviews on the Time Traveler's Wife a little before I went to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment