Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Frozen + Aladdin

So I had an interesting dream last night (don't I always?) It was some weird combination of Aladdin and Frozen. Aladdin and Jasmine were there, as well as the Sultan, but the Genie had been replaced with a large snowman (who didn't look or act like Olaf at all). Jasmine built this snowman as a child, and he'd been with the family ever since.

Well, Jasmine and Aladdin decided to get married. Her dad and the snowman were displeased because, after all, Aladdin was a thief, but they respected her wishes and they hired me as a wedding planner. (???) Jasmine wanted an ice themed wedding, which her dad thought was dumb at first, but once we started picking out crystal decorations, he got behind the idea.

So there we were, me, her dad, and the snowman, busily decorating a Church gym with crystal (because that's where princesses have their wedding receptions too, okay?). The snowman started opening up to me. In this realm, snowmen weren't something you built one day and it melted the next. Kids built them, and they went on to live normal human lifespans. (A little creepy now that I think about it). The snowman was saying that you don't get to pick the kid that makes you, and some snowmen don't get along very well with their children. But there's a saying among the snowmen, "If you don't like them now, just wait until they get older." He said most kids, as they got more mature, would get along better with their snowmen. "And if that doesn't happen, just talk to someone else. Talk to a grasshopper, or something." (Because grasshoppers are abundant when there are snowmen out?)

He told me all this while we were decorating... and then all of a sudden he got very very depressed that Jasmine was all grown up and getting married and moving away. He wanted more than anything else to just go back in time to when she was a little kid and they played together all the time.

I tried to console him, but it was to no avail.

And so I woke up. Weird dream, and it left me feeling a little sad this morning... Weird how dream emotions can seep into real life like that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little jealous of your dreams. I never remember dreams, so it fascinates me hearing about the dreams of others. But I gotta say, my favorite part was how you wrote about it with your question marks and side commentary. I found it very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete