Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summer bucket list

It's summer again, and that means it's time for... a summer bucket list!!! :)
  1. Go to Seven Peaks Water Park.
  2. Visit a beach.
    1. La Jolla Beach, San Diego (June 18, 2014)
    2. Silver Strand Beach, San Diego (June 20, 2014)
    3. Mission Beach, San Diego (June 20, 2014)
    4. Ocean Beach, San Diego (June 21, 2014)
  3. Go on a hike somewhere I haven't been before.
    1. Hiked to see the McConkie Ranch Petroglyphs on May 31, 2014 (probably more hikes to come, though. :)
    2. Hiked to Horseshoe Bend in Page, Arizona on June 25, 2014
    3. Hiked the Navajo Loop in Bryce Canyon on June 26, 2014
    4. Hiked to Pulpit Rock in Colorado Springs, CO on July 28, 2014
  4. Visit the Living Planet aquarium.
  5. Go star gazing somewhere I can actually see stars.
    1. Bryce Canyon, June 26, 2014 ("the last great sanctuary of natural darkness"--they were even hosting an astronomy festival while I was there)
  6. Go to the zoo.
    1. San Diego Safari Park--June 19, 2014
  7. Watch an outdoor movie.
    1. Wreck It Ralph at Rock Canyon Park--August 25, 2014
  8. Watch an outdoor musical.
    1. Les Miserables on July 17, 2014
  9. Visit 3 temples outside of Provo (preferably ones I've never been to before!).
    1. Vernal Temple--May 31, 2014
  10. Learn a new skill.
    1. April--June. Jogged three times a week for three months... and then stopped. But I've proved to myself I can do it! I just need to pick it up again.
  11. Ride a ferris wheel.
    1. October 24, 2014, in Scheels. (A little late, but I'm totally still counting it!)
  12. Ride a horse.
  13. Relax on a lazy river.
    1. Relaxed on Lake Powell (close enough, right? :)--June 24, 2014
  14. Write 10,000 words as part of Camp NaNoWriMo in July (this will be my third Camp NaNo attempt... this time I really need to make it happen!!)
  15. Rent a puppy.
    1. June 6, 2014
Other suggestions are welcome! :)

3 comments:

  1. Those sound like so much fun!! Any chance you'll be around here sometime this summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll come visit for at least a week or two! I'll keep you posted. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so exciting! Summer is shaping up to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete