Saturday, February 21, 2015

Indiana Jones victory

Harrison Ford. Say whaaaaaaa @Chrissy Paul you knew I would repin this!

So I've pretty much always been an Indiana Jones fan. It was one of the three franchises my daddy got me into when I was a little kid (the other two being Star Trek and Star Wars, naturally--but don't worry, my mom got me into chick flicks too). I've seen all the movies... but it's been probably 10 years, so I am a little fuzzy on all the details.

When we went to Disneyland, we went on the Indiana Jones ride a TON. It's one of our favorites--but Kristie can barely remember the movies. So when I came home this weekend for Kristie's farewell, I snagged a copy of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" to bring with me (my favorite Indy movie!). I watched it with my sisters last night. I forgot how campy and how wonderful these movies are. I was cracking up the whole time over the cheesy 80s effects and the way vehicles blew up at the slightest touch and just... everything! :) My sisters seemed to be loving it too, but I wasn't sure if they were really into it, especially Kristie, since she's not a nerd like the rest of us haha.

But tonight Kristie came to tell me she LOVED it and she wants to rent the other movies before she leaves on her mission! At first I was afraid she was just saying it to be nice, but she reminded me that 90% of the time she falls asleep during movies, and she was wide awake for the whole thing last time. 

This makes me almost as happy as when she admitted she likes Star Trek too. :)

2 comments:

  1. This warms my heart. Maybe we can keep her after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I'm glad Kristie likes them. I loved watching Indiana Jones as a kid.

    ReplyDelete