Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Back to the Future Day!
Has anyone else been looking to this day basically forever? There is a reason it's a cult classic! Tonight my family and I watched Back to the Future part II... This is something I've planned on since I was a kid!
I got goosebumps when Doc announced they'd travelled to Wednesday, October 21, 2015. I bet when they made the movie, they figured anyone would have forgotten about it by the time October 21, 2015 came around. So glad I watched this today.
I almost died laughing when I saw Marty McFly Jr. stopping to use a futuristic phone booth. There are a few things they got right, but so, so much they got wrong... and it's hilarious to see it now. But right or wrong, those movies are classics and people will be watching them for years and years to come.
So... the White House made Back to the Future Day an official thing. We have May the Fourth every year to celebrate Star Wars, plus this year there was that crazy Force Friday Star Wars marketing thing... When do we get to have a Star Trek day?!?
Labels:
nerdiness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

April 5, 2063 is first contact with Vulcans. That'd be a good one, I think.
ReplyDeleteHaha yes! I'll put it on my calendar. Of course, I'll be 75...
Delete