Good news--Max is doing SO much better today, thank goodness! I really thought he was a goner yesterday. In the morning, he was so weak he could barely lift his head. He wouldn't eat. He couldn't walk.
But Shauna had the smart idea to rip his breakfast up into tiny little pieces, and hand feed him. He was able to get that down, just barely. All day he lay in a heap in bed next to me. We'd bring him water and food every once in a while.
By dinner, he actually sat up to eat out of his bowl, and he was able to eat it all without help. A little after that, we carried him outside to do his business, and he actually started walking around. When we brought him back inside, he went straight back to bed. We dragged a mattress upstairs so I could sleep by him and keep an eye on things. A couple times in the night, he actually got up and walked to the door to ask to go outside.
Today, he seems pretty close to normal, if a little bit sluggish. He's been walking around the house again. He is able to walk to his water dish when he's thirsty or his food dish if he's hungry.
I don't know what was going on yesterday. It really scared me. But he is doing so much better today, I'm really hopeful he's going to make a full recovery and stick around for a while longer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment