A few company Christmas parties ago, I caught a ride back to the airport with 2 of my coworkers. One of them, a man in his late 30s-early 40s we'll call Sam, started asking me for dating advice. He was wondering if it would be okay for him to pursue a younger woman, or if that would be creepy. I encouraged him to go for it. Age is just a number, right? Our other coworker argued strongly against big age gaps in relationships, but I stood firm that if two people are compatible, age isn't such a big deal. I reminded Sam that our company president is 20 years younger than her husband, yet the 2 of them are blissfully happy. More than anything, that seemed to resonate with him.
Not long thereafter, he started dating a younger woman in our company. They got married and they seem very happy together.
Sam brought his wife to our last Christmas party. She told all of us that she'd had a crush on Sam for a while before they dated, but she didn't think that anything could happen between them. Then one time, Sam came back from a company meeting and mentioned to her that the company president was 20 years younger than her husband, but the two of them were very happy together. And that's when Sam's wife knew things could change between them.
I'm taking this as evidence that my advice to Sam helped the two of them get together. :) It probably would have happened anyway, but that made me feel pretty good!
No comments:
Post a Comment