Thursday, August 18, 2016

Travel Bucket List

People keep talking about my trip to Europe as a once in a lifetime opportunity. That may very well be what it is... But oh man, I don't want it to be!! I have the travel bug so bad. I want to go everywhere and see everything. I'm already saving up for my next trip. :)

Now every time someone mentions somewhere, I'm adding it to my mental bucket list of places to go. So my tentative plan is to make my wishlist and just keep on adding to it for forever. Here is the wishlist in no particular order:

1. Ireland--I had ancestors from there long ago. :) While I'm there I'd love to stop at the Trinity College Library to see the Book of Kells.
2. Scotland--The McAllisters came from here! :)
3. Capetown, South Africa--One of my airport shuttle drivers told me this is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, surrounded on 3 sides by the ocean. I looked up the pics and he wasn't kidding!
4. Finland--Kristie served her mission there, so I want to take her back someday. In the summer when the sun is out ALL day! :D
5. Tokyo, Japan--Jason and I want to check this place out.
6. Norway--Kristie's friend Antti was telling us about this place to the north with mountains and the ocean visible and how pretty it is in the summer.
7. Caribbean (ALL of it! :)
8. Tahiti--the beaches here are supposed to be legendary
9. Hawaii--Polynesian Cultural Center, Honolulu Temple, Pearl Harbor
10. Germany--including Neuschwanstein Castle
11. China--especially the Great Wall
12. Austria--including where the sound of music was filmed :)
13. Australia
14. New Zealand--Lord of the Rings! (Yes, I'm a dork! XD)
15. City Museum, St. Louis Missouri


No comments:

Post a Comment