Last night we picked Kristie up from the airport! :)
For the last eighteen months, she's been serving a mission for our church in Finland. We were able to email her once a week, and we Skyped on Christmas and Mother's Day, but that's all the contact we've had with her.
I am so proud of Kristie and her desire to serve. :) For the entire eighteen months, she dedicated her life to serving the Lord--to serving His children (seriously, if you ever need help with yard work or help around the house-call the Mormon missionaries and they will help you out!), to studying His word, and to teaching. For the last 4 months, she's been serving as a Sister Training Leader, which means she worked closely with her Mission President and his wife to assist in all the affairs of the mission.
She's grown so much while she's been away. :) When she left, she was a college freshman and definitely still my baby sister. Now she's a grown up adult woman who can drive in Finnish traffic and bake tons of delicious Finnish stuff. I'm so happy to have her back. I wondered if it would feel a little weird at first, but instead it feels like life is closer to normal with her around. :) Now if we can just get my brother back from his mission in Mexico (he's there until November) our family will finally be together again! Only 52 days left. (Yes, I am counting down. :)
I'm grateful to have awesome siblings that have always been best friends. I hope we stay like that for forever.
Today, in celebration of Kristie's return, the two of us went to get mani-pedis. I'd never had a pedicure before, she'd never had a manicure. It turns out it was really fun. I managed to mess up my manicure in like 5 minutes, but the pedicure lasted great. We may have to go back again!


No comments:
Post a Comment