Sunday, March 12, 2017

Medieval Scholar

Beginning last summer, I wrote this fanfiction of a movie called Secret of Kells--about Irish monks during the middle ages during the age of Viking attacks.

It was fun and it helped me get past my writer's block. I'd lost confidence in myself and in my writing, and writing something fun and no stress helped re-energize me and helped me get my confidence back.

Well... I'm laughing because today I was contacted by a grad student studying the medieval era. He wanted to cite my fanfic in a paper he's writing on the layman perspective of the middle ages versus the academic perspective, and he wanted to interview me. His main point is that laymen can learn a lot about history from fiction.

The interview was actually really fun (my first time ever being interviewed about something I've written! I had to squee a little bit at that) and he was very nice, even though I was very self conscious since my research was minimal to ensure historical accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment