Friday, April 3, 2020

Unicorn Ponytail Haircut

It's been a long time since I've had a haircut! I heard a protip recently (long after baby was born) that moms should get a haircut in the third trimester because they definitely won't have time once baby is here. I didn't do that, and with the quarantine who knows when I can get back in. So I found myself watching YouTube videos on cutting my own hair. 

I decided to try the unicorn ponytail method. Basically you gather all your hair up into a ponytail on your forehead, and when you chop it, you end up with long layers in the back and short layers in the front. 

I chopped just a couple inches off to start. Trevor walked in after I finished... and admitted it didn't look any different than it had before. He helped me snip it again for round 2. I was nervous when I took the ponytail out. Would it look awesome, or would I be a YouTube fail? 

The answer is... neither. It's just as long as before. Some of my layers might be shorter maybe?? I look at the hair in my trash can and my reflection in the mirror, and I just don't get it. I thought I was chopping off a lot. But my hair did have layers already so... maybe that threw off the ponytail thing. 

I think I'm going back to YouTube to figure out how to lose more length. 

No comments:

Post a Comment