Friday, June 25, 2021

Writing

Today I stepped a bit out of my comfort zone. I submitted a short article to a parenting blog for potential publication. I'll hear back in 2 weeks. 

I don't know if they will accept it. I'm proud of myself for trying, though. Writing has always been a passion of mine but it's one I've mostly shelved as an adult. First to survive grad school, later because I had other priorities like frantically trying to find my husband, enjoying newlywed life, and learning to be a new mom. My raging perfectionism hasn't helped either. 

But my goal was always to write a novel, and maybe I don't need to aim so high to start. It seems much more doable to write a few short articles for websites... so we will give it a try and see how it goes. If nothing else it will get me writing again, and if no one wants to publish my stuff, I can always publish it here on my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment