Thursday, September 23, 2010

An introduction

Usually, when I start a journal, I start by introducing myself. I feel weird that I haven't done that on here, so, here goes:
15 cool things about Shelece:
  1. My name is Shelece.
  2. I am a writer and a graduate student.
  3. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (see http://www.mormon.org). God and Jesus Christ my Savior are the top priorities in my life.
  4. My family are my best friends.
  5. If you're one of my best friends, I consider you to be family, too.
  6. Pink is basically my most favorite color of all time.
  7. I own the complete series of Gilligan's Island.
  8. I am a Trekkie-and not just any kind of Trekkie, I like the old-school Captain Kirk style Trek.
  9. All of the "man movies" that I own are either sci-fi or superhero movies, with one exception: Bandits (Bruce Willis, Cate Blanchett, Billy Bob Thornton... it's pretty awesome)
  10. When I was little my favorite cartoon was Alvin and the Chipmunks. I have some of their music on my i-pod.
  11. If I could be an animal, I'd have to be some kind of bird. I've always wanted to fly.
  12. I really really would love to go to France someday. That's where my mom's family came from. I took some French in middle school and high school but I haven't retained much of it. :(
  13. I love listening to music. When I'm not listening to it, it's usually running through my head anyway. It's like having my own private soundtrack. 
  14. I've been working on my own novel since I was 12. One day I will finish it and it will be epic.
  15. I enjoy long walks on the beach. Okay, I've only been to the beach a couple times, but it seemed pretty cool and I do like long walks, so...
Ahhh... now this blog feels so much more official. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment