Have you ever heard of Disney Bounding?
If you haven't you should check out the official website here: http://disneybound.tumblr.com/ (Warning: It can be addicting!). Basically the idea is you create modern, everyday outfits that are reminiscent of Disney characters. Some outfits are subtle, others are more obvious. The key seems to be your intent.
I thought this was an adorable idea. Turns out I've been doing some Disney Bounding in real life without knowing it.
My purse, for example:
I admit I loved it because it made me think of Cinderella. It's subtle enough that people don't necessarily think Cinderella when they see it... but Hayley and Lori totally picked up on it.
So this summer one of my goals was to Disney Bound in public (subtly). Today I Disney Bounded as Charlotte La Bouff (to Church, of all places!)
Charlotte was an easy choice because everything she wears is pink, which happens to be the best color in the entire world. My dress is not a perfect match of course, but it's close enough for Disney Bounding! I'm going to call this a win (and possibly invest in a feather boa... Of course I won't bring that to church with me! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment