Monday, June 30, 2014

Camp NaNoWriMo

It. Is. Time.

Ever since I was three years old, I've told people I was a writer and I was going to write a book someday. It's time to finally make that dream happen. I am too much of a perfectionist. I get caught up in rewriting the beginning over and over again instead of moving forward. No more! I just need to plow ahead to the finish line.

It doesn't need to be perfect. It doesn't even need to be publishable, especially not in a first draft format.

But it needs to be written. For me, if no one else.

Tomorrow, Camp NaNoWriMo begins again. I've set a goal to write 10,000 words over the month of July. Tonight, in preparation, I read through the latest incarnation of my novel and made a few infinitesimal needed corrections.

Right now, my document word count is 6,057 words. Let's boost that up to 16,000! Go, team!

http://www.lookhuman.com/design/24155-hooray-sports

2 comments:

  1. GO SHELEEEEEECE! :D :D! have you signed up at http://campnanowrimo.org/ ? it helps keep track of your wordcount and stuff. unfortunately it doesn't do friendship capabilities but it's nice :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have! I have been making various NaNo attempts since I was 16 but I am yet to complete any of them. If I can do Camp NaNo this year... maybe I'll even build up to a full on NaNo in November!

      What's your username on Camp NaNoWriMo? I'm "MaskedAngel" (I was 16, okay??). I know there's not a lot of friendship capabilities, but maybe with usernames we can stalk each other's word counts?

      Delete