Guys, I finally figured it out!
For years, I've woken up to some of the most annoying alarm noises out there. You know what I'm taking about. Those sounds that make you groan and slam the snooze button just to make them go away.
I thought annoying alarms were the key to waking up. After all, if I woke up to the radio or one of the more subtle, soothing alarms on my phone... I wouldn't want to stop the noise, because I'd like it. So I might just listen happily as I drifted back into sleep.
Not so! A few weeks back, I tried changing my alarm to this happy, sweet little song (complete with birds singing!) that came with my phone. When I wake up and hear it, it makes me smile. It starts the day off on a good note (haha... I'm hilarious, I know) instead of an extreme irritation.
Why didn't I figure this out years ago??
I hear ya. I cannot stand generic alarm sounds. But, I will tell you this... if you have a popular song as your alarm and then hear it on the radio it carries a bit of annoyance because it reminds you of waking up. (I know this from experience ;)
ReplyDelete