I was Carmen Sandiego for the third year running. :) It's funny, people who recognize me are so happy to see that costume... but more and more of the BYU crowd don't know who Carmen Sandiego is anymore. Something must be done!!!
Melissa had a couple friends (Chelsea and Emily) join us for Halloween shenanigans, which started by going shopping to find Emily a costume, prior to catching the Provo River Halloween Cruise. We floated down the river as our brave pirate Captain Matt regaled us with the Cremation of Sam McGee, as we admired the jack o'lanterns and Halloween inflatables hanging over the water. (Jack o'lanterns give off really cool reflections in the water).
Then it was off to the Provo library for an epic photoshoot, some of the highlights of which I'll include here once I steal them from Melissa. :)
![]() |
| Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? |
| Oh you know, just stealing national treasures from the Statue of Liberty. |
![]() |
| The whole group (not at the library :) |
| Hats are not a good idea on windy nights. |
| Melissa and me with our roommate Macie |
So, you may or may not know that Carmen Sandiego and Waldo are a thing....
It's true. And so every Halloween, I make the requisite jokes. Maybe I'll run into a hot single guy dressed as Waldo and we'll joke about our costume choices, totally hit it off and....
Of course, every Waldo I ever meet is either dating someone already or not my type. Well, this year kept up the tradition. As we were finishing up our pictures round about 11:30 or so, we could see a Waldo approaching from afar.... with his girlfriend in tow. Naturally.
We actually got the two of them to take some group shots of us. While we were posing, Waldo asked me who I'm supposed to be. "I'm Carmen Sandiego," I said. He got a slightly confused look. "Wasn't she like, a cartoon character or something?"
Yep. Not only was Waldo taken... He was too young to know who Carmen Sandiego is.
Ugh. Oh well. Maybe next Halloween I'll finally find my Waldo.




Considering how few plans we had made it turned out to be a really fun Halloween!
ReplyDelete