Or, at least to the MTC.
The last week and a half have been a blur. Shauna and I flew out to Colorado on the 20th, to attend Kristie's farewell talk on the 22nd. (Mormon missionaries usually speak to the members of their congregation on the Sunday before they go out--Kristie was speaking two weeks out because the first Sunday of each month is reserved for a special meeting called fast and testimony meeting). Then it snowed so much that church was canceled for our entire stake!
The new plan was for Kristie to give her talk right before the testimonies started on fast Sunday. So Shauna and I opted to stay in Colorado until we got to hear her speak. She did a great job. :) I can tell she is ready to be a missionary.
On Sunday, we had a family party with Dad's side of the family to wish her well. On Monday, we came back to Utah, and had a family party with Mom's side of the family too. It was fun seeing so much of my extended family in such a short period. They are all proud and excited for Kristie to serve.
We will drop Kristie off at the Missionary Training Center on Wednesday. I will miss her like crazy while she is gone, but I am so proud of her for serving the Lord, and I know He needs her in Finland right now.
I can't wait to hear about her adventures. I'm sure your family will be sooo blessed as you have two missionaries out serving. Also, a friend posted on Facebook yesterday "If Finland doesn't call their border the Finnish Line they don't deserve to be a country anymore". I thought it was so funny! Make sure you tell Kristie :)
ReplyDelete