Summer really crept up on me this year.
I think a big part of it was all the crazy stuff going on with the weather. First we have the warmest winter I can ever remember, then the coldest and wettest spring... and then boom! It's June 1 and it's in the 70s.
I went on a long walk that day to enjoy the sun, and I caught myself thinking how beautiful the weather was, just like summer. Then it hit me... oh my gosh, it's June! It IS summer! Where has this year gone?!?
Being back in the Springs has brought on a weird mix of nostalgia. Even though I always came back to visit here frequently, there were a lot of places I didn't go, and when I go there now I'm amazed how much things have changed.
I keep having flashbacks to my high school years, the last time I was living here full time, and to summers spent working here during my time at BYU.
And I keep having flashbacks to Provo too. There's so much I miss in Provo--people and places. I'd built a life there that it was hard to leave behind.
But, onward and upward! Even though life is hectic, I have a feeling the summer is going to be amazing. :) Which reminds me! I need to keep up my summer tradition of creating a summer bucket list. That's a little harder this year, since I don't know off the top of my head all the places to check out in Colorado... Anyone have any good suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment