Yesterday for FHE, we went hiking in the beautiful Red Rocks Canyon Park.
Except... we did it in a thunderstorm with rain pouring down. Believe it or not, it actually made it more fun haha. I wish I'd snapped some pics, but you know, I was trying to keep my cell phone dry. :)
A few of us decided to camp out under a tree for a while in a vain attempt to stay dry. From there we ran back and hid under the Red Rocks for a bit, before finally making a mad dash back to the parking lot.
We ended up hanging out in a car for a long time, using the heater to dry off, laughing and goofing around and waiting for everyone else to come back. It was really fun. Maybe I'll have to do rain hiking more often (although, maybe only when there's not so much lightning!).
No comments:
Post a Comment