isn't always good news, I guess.
I wish I had an update to share, but the reason none of you have heard one is... there isn't one yet. We haven't heard anything from anyone. I assume the call usually comes from Washington, and it's long after close of business there. Not sure what to think exactly. Our Federal Project Officer told us all grantees picked would be contacted by today, and all those who didn't get the grant would hear by October 30 why they didn't get it.
So... it's possible we didn't hear anything because we didn't get it.
It's also possible that they are running a bit late with the grant announcements, and we'll still hear tomorrow. I guess last round of grants, our company was notified by a call from someone in a congressman's office. Congressmen are busy... maybe they just haven't had a chance to call yet.
Our current grant ends tomorrow, and the new one starts on 9/30... so if we don't hear by tomorrow night, we'll know for sure that we didn't get it.
But, I woke up this morning feeling deeply at peace, and mostly I've been able to hang on to that today. I still think somehow things will be okay. I'll keep you posted on how things go tomorrow... or maybe even today, who knows? It's after business hours in Washington, but not in California for a while yet.
And.... now it is after business hours in California. Still no word. But my boss has talked to several other applicants today. As far as she knows, no one has heard anything yet. That's comforting. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment