Well, it's official.
On September 28, we get word on whether or not our company will be funded for the next five years. If we are, then no worries for 5 years! If not... then I'll be out of work by the morning of the 30th.
I've managed to stay remarkably calm about all this, but now that I'm potentially a week away from unemployment, I'm freaking out a little. I think I'm mostly optimistic though... We worked hard on that grant app, and we have a great track record as a grantee. I hope we continue to get funding.
If not... well, that's part of why I've moved back home. At least I won't have to worry about rent while I'm applying for other jobs.
Oh my goodness! I can't wait to hear from you on the 28th!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! It will be so great to have the suspense over with!
DeleteI hope it all works out for you. Will my odds of seeing you increase after this date?
ReplyDeleteHopefully!! As long as I don't have to move away to take another job haha.
Delete