Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Back in the Saddle

In January, I did an amazing job of making my writing a priority. I wrote 8,000 words in just three weeks (that's super fast for me!).

But then life got more hectic and writing went on the back burner. Meanwhile my awesome friend Hayley completed a full novel and started another one.

I want to get back in the saddle and get this thing written! So, I'm making a few goals to get there.

First... I got this online writing class on Groupon last year that I never finished about how to plot out your novel. I need to go back and pick up where I left off, and get an outline going to help keep me motivated.

I've heard good reviews for this other book called Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success (by K.M. Weiland). Maybe I'll give that a try. I could definitely use some help in the outlining department.

Then I need to set a daily goal of how much to write, and go for it! It's hard to fit it in in the evenings, what with FHE and institute and the Mingle and whatever. So... maybe I need to start writing in the mornings instead. I liked the goal of 1,000 words a day. It'll take some practice to build up to that, but I think I can do it! And, the final word count needs to be in the 100,000ish range... So if I'm disciplined about it, I could finish a first draft in roughly 100 days.

Let's do this!!

2 comments: