Oh my gosh, how is it May already?!? This year didn't seem like it was going by fast until I realized June is only one month away.
And that means it's summer again.
And that means... I've been here for a whole year. WEIRD.
In some ways, Provo seems like a million years ago. But in other ways, it seems like I got here yesterday. It's been a good year. I've reconnected with my family and with old friends still in town. I like my singles' ward here. It's a different vibe than Provo. There's fewer of us and we're a lot more spread out, but it is kind of nice knowing pretty much everyone. The community is more tight knit.
Colorado winter and spring were a lot snowy than I expected (all these years, I knew Provo got less snow, but I didn't realize it was that much less.) But otherwise, life here is good. :)
There is one way Colorado Springs is kind of like Provo, though. It is a bit of a college town, with the Air Force Academy, UCCS, and the local community college. Lots of my friends in the singles ward are either finishing the school year or even graduating, preparing to launch into new places. And that energy inspires me to look at my own life.
What do I want to come next? Colorado was the right place for me to be this year, but is it still the right thing for me to stay? I'm working on figuring it out. What's my next big adventure? Going back to school? Traveling? Putting down roots and buying a house somewhere?
I did buy a pet, so there's that. :)
Time to start thinking and figuring out my next steps, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment