Saturday, June 25, 2016

Survived

Guys, I think we've survived this grant app (knock on wood!) Everything is written, it's all been edited. My boss has it in a PDF format, and tomorrow she's going to formally submit it.

On Monday I will go back to my regular work responsibilities (I have some catching up to do in that department) and my regular social life.

I'm both relieved and a little sad, strangely. Working on a grant app teaches me a lot about myself, believe it or not... about my abilities, about how much I've grown in my company since I was hired as a brand new, painfully shy graduate. And... there is something nice about losing yourself in one focus for a few weeks. All the other stresses in life melt away because you just don't have time to deal with them right now. Now it will be back to real life and all the problems that come attached with that.

Weird, huh? But mostly I'm just glad that it's done. I think we did a great job. I'm hopefully we'll hear good news this fall.

1 comment: