Robert D. Hales (one of the apostles of our church) strives to follow this proverb in his marriage. I want to do the same. One of my goals for this new year is to do all I can to help and strengthen my husband, and I know he'll do the same for me.
This year, I also want to be better about serving other people around me and "lifting up the hands which hang down." I need to be less focused on my own problems and instead reach out to help others.
The way we talk to ourselves really does make a difference in how we perceive the world. I'm too often my own harshest critic, and sometimes that paralyzes me and prevents me from performing at my best. This year my goal is to be kind to myself and engage in positive self talk, not negative!
What is your word of the year this year?



I love this post Shelece! Thanks for sharing and congrats to you and your husband <3
ReplyDeleteThese are all wonderful things related to lift. You are really good at incorporating many aspects of your word. My word this year is re-calibrate.
ReplyDelete