I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm thinking of deleting my Facebook.
I'm addicted to social media, sad to say. It got to the point where it was the first thing I looked at when I woke up, the last thing before I went to sleep. Any time I had free time, my first instinct was to pull up my Facebook and Instagram apps.
About a year ago (ish) I got Trevor to change my passwords to both Facebook and Instagram. Now I can only get on when he signs me on. That has helped me a lot. But you know, when he does get me on, I run into the same old problems. I get sucked in for longer than I should. While I have it available, I'm on it constantly.
And lately I've noticed whenever I do get on, it just makes me sad! I've heard of course that social media can be linked to depression and to comparing the best parts of other people's lives to your own struggles. I thought I had the perspective to not be affected by that, but tell you what, if I'm on Facebook I swear it takes me less than 5 minutes to notice myself getting sad or upset about something.
So the logical thing to do is to get rid of it. But can I really bring myself to do that? I've been on there for 13 years... It's a great way to communicate with friends and family. It's got a history of my entire adult life.
Eh... maybe I can keep weaning myself off of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment