Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Secrets of the Subconscious Brain

So I had another dream last night (dang, is that all I blog about these days???).

The details aren't important, so skip this paragraph if you want to. I dreamed that Trevor and I were attending a formal dance together at BYU. Except instead of being in the Wilkinson Center, we were in the Chapel Hills Mall. And a lot of my high school peers were inexplicably there too. (Also, my red dress was to die for. Wish I actually owned something like that!)

Anyway, I ran into one of my old high school friends that I haven't seen since graduation. She said, "wow, Shelece, you seem so much more confident than you did at our homecoming dance when we were 16!"

I said, "well, I hope so! I'm twice as old now as I was back then." And basically that's the moment I realized I'm twice as old as I was in high school. I've never consciously stopped to think about that before. 

That makes me feel old, but also... awesome. Hey, I've got two high school kids worth of life experience now! I am more confident and smarter and braver than I was back then. I'm not perfect, but stopping to think about how far I've come feels good. 

Hopefully I feel as awesome about it when I'm 3 times as old as I was in high school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment