Then at whatever point last year, Dr. Seuss was accused of racism and for a little while people were pulling him from their shelves. I realized my cute little pregnancy announcement could be taken as a sort of political statement, as some people were publicly taking sides on the Dr. Seuss issue as a political statement. But I just wanted to share a cute little idea based off a children's book! I wasn't pregnant by Halloween so it was a moot point anyway.
Trevor and I set a goal to take Matthew to Disneyland before he turned 3 and we'd have to pay for his ticket. We finally booked our trip a couple weeks ago, and then all the drama around Disney has erupted about the law in Florida. I am not happy about the direction Disney is going. There is content they are slipping into their toddler content that I do not agree with--I don't let Matthew watch it unsupervised because things pop up that I don't expect. I'm disappointed that they've made alcohol available in every park and that now they cater more to the single adults that like to visit Disney more so than to families, just because singles have greater disposable income.
But I haven't cancelled our Disneyland trip just yet. I got so excited I looked up best places to take pictures in Disneyland and saved a few to my phone. We paid for a year of Disney+ back in December and I intend to use it for the full year.
I want to still be a happy little Disney lover just because I love their movies and I've been a long time fan without people assuming it is a political statement.
Why can't we keep the politics out of kids' shows?
No comments:
Post a Comment