A tale of two stakes... In my mom's stake up north, they had great success with Zoom during the Pandemic. They noticed people returning to church (at least virtually) who hadn't been in a long time, and they've felt prompted that to this day they should offer a Zoom option.
In my stake, they feel that Zoom is actually a stumbling block that was keeping people from returning in person, and they ended it forever last July.
I believe that our church leaders are inspired and the two stakes have different needs. That makes sense to me. But as a mother of a young toddler who keeps getting sick, boy am I glad that I can hop on my mom's Zoom church when we can't go in person! We didn't catch covid until last fall and we had to miss a few weeks of church then. Zoom was such a blessing. Zoom would be great when I first have my baby--the first 6 weeks I don't go anywhere.
Today we were gearing up to go to stake conference when Matthew threw up pretty spectacularly. I was feeling very bummed that we were going to miss it when I remembered my mom's stake has stake conference today too, complete with a Zoom link!
I don't know what the long term answer is but it would be nice if there was some sort of Zoom meeting always available for people that are home sick. But I guess the pandemic also taught me what to do when you can't go to a church meeting--you can still hold a very lovely meeting right at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment