Last time I stood under this beautiful tree sculpture, my water broke and I was admitted to give birth to Matthew.
No luck today. Today I made my fourth visit to Labor and Delivery with this pregnancy. The first was at 32 weeks and they had to give me drugs to stop contractions during an early labor scare. Twice they recommended I come in because I might be leaking amniotic fluid. Today I went in because I had contractions lasting a minute every 5 minutes for an hour and a half. This is after two days of painful inconsistent contractions that I hoped might be early labor.
But the contractions slowed down once I was laying in the hospital bed. Dang it! A weekend birth early in the day would have been convenient to be sure. And today is the 4th anniversary of my Grandma's passing... It would have been nice to have something happy happen today. I guess I will just keep waiting.

No comments:
Post a Comment