Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lost at Disneyland

So, I am in Anaheim this week for a conference for the National Association of Relationship and Marriage Education.  Today, though, I had my in person staff meeting with my company. It started at 9. I knew I would probably be a bit late, because I was taking the 8:30 shuttle out of LAX. I rode the Disneyland Resort Express. My coworker said to get off at Disneyland, and it would only be a 2 block walk to the hotel where our meeting is held.

Well, my shuttle driver got a little confused when I said I wanted to go to the Disneyland Resort… probably because I had my suitcase with me. He dropped me at the Disneyland Hotel…. I didn't realize this was a bad thing until he was gone. I googled on my phone how to walk to my meeting, since I couldn't see the building anywhere. And…. Google maps informed me I had a 1.4 mile walk ahead of me… about 30 minutes.

Crud. I got off the shuttle at the wrong place!

I called my coworker Lucy in a panic. She was a sweetheart and drove over to pick me up. In the meantime, I wandered about Downtown Disney dragging my suitcase, attempting to find where she wanted to meet me. (I couldn't find it. My sense of direction is terrible.)

You should have seen the looks people were giving me. :)

The whole irony of the thing was amusing to me. Of all places to be lost in the entire world, I managed to get lost at Disneyland.

My life is awesome. :) ...Except for the part where I got to my meeting an hour and a half late. Fortunately everyone was very understanding (it helped that two of my coworkers' flight got canceled, and they literally showed up exactly when I did!)

(I cut off the camera too fast at the end because people were looking at me funny for talking to myself... That sign says "Downtown Disney".) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment