Saturday, August 10, 2013

V-Cut


So, I got a haircut today.

I attempted to get cute pics to show you, but it didn't go so well. First, after just barely managing a blurry picture of the back, my camera informed me that it was completely dead by making this horrible screaming noise and then going to black. And unfortunately in my frantic packing, I have misplaced my camera charger. (Just kidding! Totally just remembered where it is! :D) But anyway, it's busy charging now. I attempted to get pics on my phone, but I was reminded that I don't have the steadiest hands... Everything came out kinda blurry. My camera usually handles that for me.

And don't even talk to me about how hard is was to get the pictures off my phone!! Usually it takes two seconds, but not this time!

Oh well. All of this is to explain why the pictures below do not look like the ones people post on Pinterest. :)

Ignore the weird faces I make in these please :)



So the basic idea is that the hair tapers to a V in the back, which means I have short layers in the front. It's kind of like a mullet, but a heck of a lot more attractive.

Getting the haircut was an experience. I went to BYU's new salon on campus. It's super cheap, which can be both a good thing and a bad thing.  I was armed with a Pinterest picture to show what I was looking for. The girl seemed skeptical when she saw it. "Are you sure you want to do that?" "Yes. I'm sure." She looked vaguely worried (I thought)... and it made me a little concerned when she didn't talk to me much during the haircut, she just stared intently at what she was doing with a furrowed brow and a look of intense concentration.

I hoped everything was going okay back there... At the end, the stylist gushed and gushed about how much she loved it until I started believing  it. :) She told me all this stuff about how the remnants of my old highlights gave it a cool tipped look. And then she said, "This is the first V-cut I've ever seen that I actually thought looked good!"

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold the phone. So your concern before you started was that you thought I was asking for an ugly haircut??? And... is this really the only V-cut you've ever liked, or are you just saying you like it because you're the one who did it? Do you think my hair is ugly?

So I rushed home to examine it in the mirror. But you know what... I really like it. :) It's a way to have long hair without it being so heavy--my head feels so much lighter!

Edit: Camera charged enough to get some better pictures... Lucky you!

Business in the front...
Party in the back
I can't take a pic of the back of my head without using a mirror.

1 comment: