I LOVED it!!! Everyone there was so nice, and so united in the cause to save families. Many people were very open in sharing that they felt called by God to this work. That's how I feel, too. It was like meeting the other members of God's army called to fight for the family.
I hope I get to go back in the future.
My coworkers are all amazing people. I don't get to see them very often in person--usually just once every two months, but it had been four months this time. Our meetings are typically one day, so spending four days with all of them was a new experience, and a very positive one. We are all friends at HRC (and also professionals, of course). I enjoyed spending time with everyone.
All the girls on the Comm Team even got to go to Disneyland together last night! We had a blast! They are Disneyland pros--they knew the best places to go and the best ways to avoid the lines. It wasn't very crowded, so we went on all the big rides (except the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain, and the Haunted Mansion were all closed :( ). I will say Disneyland is different as an adult. I still had fun, but it wasn't quite as magical as I remembered... and it seemed a lot smaller, too. Still, I'd love to go back for a full day sometime! And I want to take my kids there someday. I watched all the cute little families running around--I think Disneyland is a lot more fun with kids.
Anyway, looks like my plane's here! Catch y'all later. :)

I'm glad you have "healthy relationships" with your coworkers, lol! :) It's always easier when everyone gets along.
ReplyDelete