Thursday, October 26, 2017

30

A year ago I set a goal to make 29 the best year of my twenties--more than anything else, Trevor helped me reach that goal! :) Trevor and I went on our first date one day before he turned 25. Now we are getting married the week after I turn 30. I like to say that we are each other's birthday presents this year.

30 used to seem like such an intimidating number... I guess it seemed old to me. But now that I'm here, I realize that 30 is very much in the prime of life. I still have my best years ahead of me!

Today was an awesome birthday! My family took me and Trevor out to Chili's for dinner. They've changed their menu recently. I couldn't resist trying the fiery pepper chicken. It was DELICIOUS--but it burned so much it made me cry and I wasn't able to finish it. Not sure I would recommend...

Afterwards Trevor gave me a ride home. He offered to drive the car up to the restaurant to get me because it was so cold outside (it actually started snowing!). When I got in the car, he presented me with a half dozen hot pink roses. :)



At my place, we had a delicious chocolate cake (a test run for our wedding cake here in a few weeks!). I ALMOST succeeded in blowing out the 30 candles in one go. There were four stubborn ones in random places that didn't go out. Better luck next year!



2 comments:

  1. You look so happy together! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! The pictures of the two of you are so cute!! You just seem to fit. The mark of a good couple when they look like they go together. :)

    ReplyDelete