Trevor and I went to what is probably our last ever institute class last night (!!!). We were studying Mark 1-7. When we got to the story of the Lord calming the wind and the waves (Mark 4:37-41), Trevor raised his hand to share an insight that really hit me (and I think it hit several other people in the class, too!).
I wish I could say it as beautifully as he did... Essentially he asked how often we ask that question in our own lives. How often when we are in the midst of life's storms and waves, when we see no end to our problems or any way to get through them, how often then do we assume that God is asleep or that He doesn't care because He's not taking our problems away? "Carest thou not that we perish?" "Don't you care how much I'm hurting? Don't you see what I'm going through right now?"
But God always cares. Always. He is with us in our trials. Sometimes He calms the storm, and sometimes He calms His child--if we let Him. We can trust that He will not let us sink beneath our trials--instead, if we rely on Him, we can learn from them and come out stronger than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment