February was wonderful, even though it was crazy busy. At work, our whole team pulled together to assemble an IRB application (basically, seeking approval to start our research project). As the only member of HRC's research team remaining, I got to take the lead. I felt more important and valued at work than I ever have before.
In my calling, we worked together to pull off our epic Roaring Twenties ball. We met every single Sunday to move things forward. It was crazy stressful, but also fun... and I discovered I have leadership abilities that I didn't know existed.
And in my social life... I got to go on lots of fun dates with lots of fun guys.
Things were looking pretty good.
And then... March hit. The ball came and went. We got our application in to the IRB... only to learn after a long month of waiting that it got lost in transit. We still haven't heard back the final decision on that, and until we do, there's not much on my plate at work. I went from feeling needed to feeling pretty superfluous.
My dating life slowed back down without anything sticking.
So... March and early April have been tough for me. A lot of pieces of my life flipped 180 degrees.
But... that humbling experience made me realize I need to re-prioritize and refocus my life. My life's meaning and purpose should come from the gospel, not things like my job or my love life, but eternal things that I can always count on. Like my identity as a daughter of God. Like God's love for me and the Savior's infinite atoning sacrifice. Things that I can always count on, things that are stable and do not ebb and flow.
So this is me picking myself up to try again.
No comments:
Post a Comment