Usually Fuzz is asleep by the time I start my workday, but she was still awake for a long time this morning. I moved my work station so I could watch her. We're getting to be friends now! She'll let me reach in and pet her sometimes. Almost every morning, I'll open the cage and she'll walk out into my hand so we can hang out for a while. Today I put her in the bath tub (people say it's a good place to let them run around because they can't escape, as long as you keep the drain plugged) and let her run around for a while.
ANYWAY. Enough proud hamster mama talk, I just wanted to share a funny story from this morning.
I was on a work call near her cage, and she was running in her wheel, but it sounded so much louder than normal. So I took a good look.
She'd filled it up with food! Maybe because I cleaned out her cage yesterday and threw away all her secret food stashes. Over and over again she'd fill it with food, and then run in it... and the food would fly out in every possible direction around the cage. Then she'd stop, run around gathering it up again, fill up the wheel.... and run and knock it all over the place.
Wish I'd got it on camera, because it was funny to watch. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment