Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Always Do Your Homework

So I was on Ebay today trying to make a purchase, when I happened across the first season of the Office for 99 cents (plus $3.00 shipping). I've seen a few sporadic episodes of the Office, but I've never really gotten into it. Lots of my friends like it though so I've been meaning to try it. This particular auction was ending in 3 minutes, so I knew if I bid, I would definitely get it. I decided to go for it. Only $4 for an entire season of the Office? That was an amazing deal!

Except... then I went over to the Office wikipedia page to see how many seasons there are right now. And I found out... there are only 6 episodes in the first season.

$4 for the usual 20-something episodes in a season seems like a bargain. $4 for only 6 episodes... well, if I'd known that, I probably wouldn't have gotten it after all. Oh well. Guess I should do my homework next time before I make a purchase!

I did feel a little better when I looked at Amazon used prices for the DVDs... It looks like I'm paying about the same as I would have if I'd purchased it there.

1 comment: