Well, almost. :) I have survived my first week of the spring term, and I've learned a few things.
1. I can do hard things.
Yes, this prospectus will be harder than I thought... But I can do it! I'm getting an outline to my advisor by next week to make sure I am on track.
2. We get a lot of sun in Utah.
The mountains are on the east, which means the sun rises later but sets later today. I'm really liking these long days. :)
3. Austenland by Shannon Hale is my new favorite book.
It's amazing. Every Jane Austen fan in the world should read it. Seriously. :)
4. Life is Beautiful is a haunting, powerful movie.
It is terrifying to think that only a few decades ago, human beings inflicted the Holocaust on their fellow men. The thought that kept crossing my mind was, how could ANYONE do this? Yet "civilized" people in the modern world allowed this Holocaust to occur. Let's all do our part to make sure this never happens again! Let's never forget those who were lost either.
The scary thing is, I know atrocities like that are going right now in parts of the world. I hope that someday we'll finally get to that amazing dream of world peace.
5. I can be a pretty good blogger if I want to be.
Well, at least I can update more frequently than I was. :) This is progress.
Ha... and ironically, when I started this list, I thought I had a lot more to say, but my roommate and I are watching Community and I totally lost my train of thought. :) Community seems like a funny show, but somehow I have only watched 3 episodes, and they are always kind of weird ones. Like the Holiday special where everyone is in claymation, the time they all go to a bar, and now, some kind of episode where it's giving a review of the entire season. Maybe sometime I'll have to go back and watch the season from the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment