I think I finally understand what this particular phrase is referring to.
This spring term I am staying at school for the very first time. I have mixed emotions about it. I went home to visit my family for a week after winter semester ended, and it was really hard at the end of that to say goodbye to my family when usually I would be settling in to stay for the next four months. When I got back to school though, I felt better about things. More of my friends are staying then I realized. And it's finally occurring to me that I will have much fewer responsibilities over spring term as compared to during the school year. I will probably have lots of time to play. :)
But, I need to be careful. I have no set schedule. I am free to work as much as I choose, but I have a set list of tasks that needs to be completed. I can take advantage of the flexibility to have fun-but I need to stay on task!!!! I can't slack off. I figure I will plan on going into the grad lab everyday! If I treat it like a scheduled job, I will stay on track.
I've been given enough rope that I could hang myself with it... but I will make sure that doesn't happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment