So when I turned 23 this year, I officially passed the median age of marriage for women in the state of Utah. Just one of those random facts I've picked up from my classes out here. It made for some good jokes in the grad lab about my "old maid" status-in fact, I've heard a couple girls out here call "23" the official age of old maidenhood because you pass the median.
Well, guess what! I was reading the Daily Universe today and discovered, the age of marriage in Utah has risen over the last few years. As of 2008, the median age for women was 24 and for men was 26! I'm not an old maid after all! :D
Haha, I promise I don't take these numbers too seriously. No one else do that, either. Marriage happens when it's supposed to happen! As long as you're doing your best, you will be fine.
But... I will admit that I am a little bit relieved. :) I wanted to share the good word with all my other "old maid" and "old man" friends... we're actually doing better than we thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment