Saturday, April 30, 2016

Dance Lessons


Last night, for the Mingle, we had another round of dance instruction.

This time we really mixed things up. For the first fifty minutes we did foxtrot. Then we had a ten minute break to either drink water or practice dancing. Next, we spent fifty minutes on cha-cha, and then after a break, we did both waltz and swing. At the very end, the instructor taught me and my partner the basic steps of tango (which were much easier than I expected!).

I had a blast! The turnout wasn't as huge as it was for the swing dancing lessons we did a couple months ago, but we still had a decent amount of people. In February, I liked going in depth in swing, but this was fun too--getting a little taste of each kind of dance, learning a couple basic moves, and then moving on.

It makes me wish I'd taken advantage of all the great dancing classes at BYU while I was there. I'd love to really learn how to dance. I wonder how much it would cost to sign up for lessons around here... and do you have to bring a partner if you do that? Maybe that can go on my bucket list for the future sometime, when I actually have a dance partner to bring.

2 comments:

  1. This place http://allaboutdanceco.com/ is near my house. I don't believe you need a partner. So excited you're learning how to dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, if you're feeling gutsy you can always invite a partner along!

      Delete